Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday gifts, family books....and new friends!

I follow a number of blogs about Haiti including 3 from Canaan Christian Community in Montrouis, Haiti and 3 from GLA orphanage etc.  One night, a month or so ago, there was a link to a blog that I began reading. Well, at 3:30 am I was still reading every posting and was in complete and utter awe of what I was reading. So much of the story was so very similar to Ryan and my story. I was really overcome with the fact that God has led me to feel an immediate connection to Rochelle, the author of this blog. I have since contacted her and we have emailed multiple times and talked on the phone. She is adopting 2 twin baby girls from the same orphanage as us (which I didn't know when I began reading her blog!). It has just been an amazing blessing to have connected with her, truly a blessing !

Well, I spent the day yesterday wrapping Judith and Kerby's birthday gifts and packaged the gifts and the family photo album that Molli made for the kids. Rochelle gets to go to GLA orphanage and spend a week with her babies for their first court date as the Haitian portion of the adoption progresses. Rochelle is taking our gifts and family book with her so that the gifts will be there in time for the kids birthdays. If I were to mail the gifts they would not make it in time for the birthdays. What a wonderful heart Rochelle has to be willing to do this for us !  We are so grateful !  Rochelle told me she was looking forward to meeting Judith and Kerby and that she would love on them while she was there.  What reassurance and peace that gives my heart and I so look forward to hearing all about the visit when she returns.

By the way.....Judith got a new pair of capri pants, tank top, and sweatshirt.  Molli made her a locket necklace with bead that was adorable with a picture of Judith & Kerby inside.  Kerby got a pair of shorts and a new shirt along with a new lego toy.  I hope they like them and feel special when they get to open gifts from a family that loves them !  The kids know they have a family but they do not know who we are, what we look like, where we live etc. yet.  The director of GLA will take the family book out until they decide it is the right time for them to get the book and learn about our family.  I sooo wish I could be a mouse in the corner when that time comes. I just pray for peace and comfort that can only come from the Holy Spirit when they learn who we are...that they immediately feel how loved they are!

God is truly amazing!  He works in amazing ways and was able to connect me with Rochelle.  I look so forward to seeing the journey that God has for Rochelle and her family and am so thankful that He connected us.

Choose to make it a good day today.  Pray for opportunities to be the eyes, ears, hands and feet of Jesus throughout your day!

with love,
Rori

1 comment:

  1. Rori,
    You are just too sweet. Thank you for your encouragement. I hope you know that you are every bit as much precious to me and one I know God has placed in my life to share in this beautiful journey together. I echo your words, "God is truly amazing!" Your box of gifts are packed and I can't wait to meet Judith and Kerby...I'm so humbled...really! I love you sweet sister!!

    ReplyDelete